We've been in the condo for 2 weeks now. We like the windows open, but the sounds around us have definitely changed.In the apartment, we were used to hearing waves crashing and birds on the roof of the building in front of us...mostly crows in the morning. Also, we could hear helicopters flying over the ocean, mostly the coast guard or military. If I was sleeping in, I always heard the sounds of others leaving for work...opening the garage doors and starting their cars or greeting fellow neighbors.
At the condo, we have to get used to different sounds. We are located in between 2 schools. We have to now get used to hearing the school bells and morning announcements and the sound of kids chatter when they are at recess or after school events. Yesterday, the school to the south (must be a high school) had a talent show. Kids were singing different songs. A couple of them were good, but most of them would have not made American Idol. I also discovered yesterday as I was out on the balcony unwinding and reading, that the helicopters that report the traffic from the 5 fly in circles over our building. There were 2 helicopters flying circular patterns over the freeway and our building! I couldn't really concentrate on what I was reading.
In about 3 months, we probably won't even notice the silly school bell or those helicopters flying over our building every night between 5pm-6pm! We'll have visitors notice, and we'll be like what helicopter? However, we will always miss the sound of the waves crashing at night!
No comments:
Post a Comment