Monday, February 08, 2010

Fire Roasted Enchiladas

We both love to cook.  Tonight we made one of the best enchilada recipes we've found.  We look for recipes online a lot and Mike came across this blog a while back and passed it on to me.  I love the blog (it's actually in our follow list on our blog!) and have tried a few recipes so far.  But this one for Fire Roasted Enchiladas is the bomb!  


Our oven was out of commission for the past year and tonight was the first time using it again.  I wanted to make something good.  The first time and last time I made this recipe I had to use the toaster oven and microwave.  They were still good, but tasted way better tonight.  Here are some photos...


The Ingredients.  A lot of times, we like to use rotisserie chicken instead of cooking the chicken ourselves.  I substitute red peppers for pimiento peppers and anaheim peppers for poblano peppers.  

The Spices.  I found this Mexican Fiesta spice to use instead of Adobo seasoning.


The Fire Roasted Onions and Anaheim Peppers.  I keep forgetting to get an extra anaheim pepper.  I usually have too many onions and not enough peppers.


The Finished Product (the avocado wasn't ripe enough, so we cooked it on top of the enchiladas for a little bit).  This is a time consuming recipe, but so worth it once you taste it!


2 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Hi you guys! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the enchiladas, they look terrific.

P.S. - The Will Farrel show sounded awesome. Totally love him!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Our food photos aren't as good as yours though :)