We have decided to take scuba lessons to become certified scuba divers!
We just had our second pool session tonight and it is going really well. Besides being able to breathe and swim underwater, we have to learn different techniques. For instance, we had to take off our mask while under water and just sit there for a few moments. It was a little freaky to me, because the air bubbles from my regulator felt like they wanted to go up my nose. We also had to see what it felt like to run out of air and have to grab onto our buddy's secondary air to be able to get air. I haven't completely freaked out and surfaced yet, even though I feel like I want to sometimes.
I just hope I can keep up this confidence when it comes to diving in the ocean. San Diego has colder water and less visibility than most of the tropical areas. Our first ocean dive is June 9, so that will be the moment I know if I can do this diving thing. Of course, Mike isn't nervous at all. He is one of the bravest people I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment