I went in for my 36 week checkup which included an ultrasound to make sure the baby is still growing ok and there is enough amniotic fluid for her. I was very relieved when the ultrasound technician told us she weighed 6lbs 1oz and was in the 38th percentile for growth. She also told me that my amniotic fluid was in the normal range.
She tried to get a good picture of her face, but Rylee was hiding pretty well. We got a little face shot with her eyes and nose.
For a non stress test, I had two straps attached to my belly. One monitors the baby's heartbeat and movement; the other records contractions in the uterus. They watch the baby's heartbeat on an electronic screen while the contractions are recorded on paper. I'd read if the baby doesn't move, they would try to nudge her or possibly wake her up with a buzzer, so Mike and I kept talking to her to keep her moving. After being hooked up to the fetal monitor for 20 minutes, the nurse practitioner came in and looked at the chart and said "wonderful!"
From now until her birth, I will be going in twice a week for these procedures which are part of being diagnosed with gestational diabetes.. I'm confident that we will pass them all with flying colors. I do not want to be induced or have a c-section.

No comments:
Post a Comment