Saturday, January 21, 2012

32 Week Ultrasound

I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes about a month ago.  Since then, I have been monitoring the carbs in my diet and testing my blood sugar 4 times a day.  I was a little worried at first and wanted to do whatever it took to make sure I didn't put our baby at risk or put myself at risk for a c-section for having a big baby.  I have been doing very well, however, and my blood sugars are very much in control.  As part of my diagnosis, I have some late ultrasounds scheduled to make sure the baby is doing well and staying within goal of her growth development.  I also have some non-stress tests scheduled and will have to see the doctor twice a week in March instead of once a week.

I was very relieved after the 32 week ultrasound which showed our baby weighing 4.7lbs.  That is considered a pretty average weight.  She is also showing some chubby cheeks and the technician could tell that she already has hair!  I can't wait to meet our little girl and cuddle with her!


My third trimester exercise plan includes lots of beachwalking.


No comments: