Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Weekend in Missouri

I'm a little behind on posting.  I started a new job in June, so my schedule is a little different.  I'm on the computer a lot at work, so I don't feel like getting on it at home much.  We haven't traveled anywhere since our trip to Ireland until this past weekend.  I have weekends off now and we have been spending them relaxing and enjoying the San Diego summer.

We decided to make a trip back to Missouri to visit Mike's family this past weekend.  August in Missouri may not have been the best time to visit, because of the heat, but we had a great time.  It was around 100 most of the weekend.  We average about 75 in San Diego, so we were definitely struggling.  We lucked out and had a mostly cloudy day on Saturday and were able to canoe Shoal Creek.  We were hoping for a thunderstorm since we don't get those out here, but only heard a couple cracks of thunder after our canoe trip.  Once we made it back to Mike's parents house, there was no sign of rain clouds.

We did get a picture with our tree that's out at the family land used to run the canoe business.  This was planted by Mike's parents right after our wedding.  It's about 5 years old now and growing nicely.





No comments: