We are still going strong with our CSA boxes. It's fun to get our new box every other Sunday and then find recipes to use all the items. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out a menu and sometimes we make some pretty interesting things. We recently had tons of grapefruit and decided to just juice them since neither of us like grapefruit much and I couldn't find anything to make with them besides salsa. I think it is actually growing on me now. Currently, I have a lot of lemons and am trying to find ways to use them up. That's how it goes, you get a lot of the same stuff and you eat a lot of the same stuff. Then, the season changes and you start to get a lot and eat a lot of the same of something different. I think Anthony Bourdain said that once on one of his shows regarding how Italians always eat what's in season.
Here are some more great pictures of what we've been getting and eating since my last CSA post.
One of our boxes
We had never had passion fruit (the wrinkly looking things) before now.
Another box had an eggplant and sweet potato in it.
Something new, a Feijoa or Pineapple Guava, which we used in a Thai dish.
We've been getting lots of these pattypan (or scallop) squashes lately.
I can't wait to see what winter season bring us...
No comments:
Post a Comment