Monday, October 20, 2008

Italy, Here We Come

After a year and a half of planning, we are finally leaving for Italy this week, Thurs to be exact. I'm so excited as this will be my first time to Europe.

We are packing as minimal as possible for our trip, which has been recommended by most people and especially Rick Steves. I'm talking 1 carry-on bag each for 2 weeks! I've been following most of Steves' tips for planning this trip. He's all about getting the most out of your trip without spending too much. All of our reserved hotels are tried-and-true recommendations by Steves.

We are flying non-stop from LA to Rome Thurs! I'm hoping the non-stop flight will allow us to sleep most of the way without worrying about a layover, since we get to Rome at noon (their time) on Fri. We plan to check into our hotel and head straight to the Colosseum once we get there. After 3 nights in Rome, we are visiting Sorrento (down by Naples) for 3 nights, Cinque Terre for 3 nights, Florence for 2 nights, and Venice for 3 nights. The weather this time of year is typical fall weather, 60-70 during the day and 40-50 at night with chances of rain.


We'll be back home Nov 7!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT time guys!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so so dreamy!! And what perfect timing - it's a great time to leave the country!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear (read) all about it!!!