Monday, October 15, 2007

Kansas Visit


Mike and Brant drinking schooners at Louise's Downtown

I realized how beautiful Kansas can be while I was there visiting last week. I spent some of my early years growing up there and also spent my college years there. I would always say that I never wanted to live in Kansas after college, because I hated summers there. It gets so hot and muggy! But, while I was there last week, I noticed that you could see hundreds of miles all around you and see different weather patterns building up or moving across the state. I saw some great sunsets, farmland, cows, and I even got to ride a horse. I'm not saying I'm ready to move back to Kansas at all, I just realized how cool Kansas can be.


Mike's name on the wall at Jock's Nitch, where he used to work in college

I got to spend some time with my mom and sister and friends from Pharmacy School. I went to the Kstate-Colorado game with an old roommate that I hadn't seen in several years. Mike got to spend some time with his friends from KU also. We also walked around KU campus on a Sunday afternoon and realized that we had both been going to classes in buildings across from one another. The Pharmacy School and Business School are right across from each other on campus.


Mike standing in the KU Campanile

No comments: