So, I'm laying in bed this morning and I hear some commotion coming from the living room. I just assumed the cats were chasing each other. I heard a bird chirp and thought what if they have a bird in the house? We leave our balcony doors open all the time, for the breeze and so the cats can go in and out on the balcony. A few minutes later, I get up and come out and see some feathers on the floor. Our cats do like feathers and have toys that have feathers. I then look behind the door in the spare room and see a bird laying there. I assumed it was dead, but Disco decided he wanted to play with it some more and started patting at it.
All the sudden, the bird is flopping, and Disco picks it up in his mouth and takes it into the kitchen. I try to tell him to take it outside, but for some reason, he didn't listen to me. Mike tells me through IM (because he was at work) to sweep it up and take it outside. I bend down and the bird is still alive, but I can't tell if it's hurt. I slowly started to sweep it into the dust pan and he got up and flew over to the window and was dangling on the cord to the blinds. Disco at this point is definitely interested in playing again! I'm trying to keep the cats away and get this bird outside. I grab the broom and get the bird to get on the end of the broom. By the way this bird is very small, about the size of my palm (and I have small hands). He gets on the end of the broom and I take him out on the balcony and try to put him on a ledge. He ends up flying off the broom and back inside! I think he's above the kitchen cabinets, but they are too high for me to see above. So, I decide to let him rest and come out on his own.
I'd say about an hour goes by and I look up and see the bird sitting at the edge of the cabinet. I grab the broom and slowly try to get him to fly towards the balcony door. He ended up flying into that window again, but I was able to finally get him outside. I immediately closed the door so he wouldn't come back in again. He flew over to one of our plants outside and sat there a minute. Finally, he chirped and flew away. I hope he said Thank You!
That was one lucky bird. To have come into a house with 3 cats and survive!! Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and not ever come back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment