Monday, July 02, 2007

We are Certified Divers!

We finished our open water certification course yesterday. We went on a boat dive to a kelp forest off Mission Bay. It was a rough day, because I got a little sea sick. Mike took something before to prevent getting sick, but I thought I'd be ok since I usually don't have problems on boats. From now on, I'm never taking that chance again.

The pictures below show what it can look like underwater, but we had no visibility on our first dive of the day, so we didn't see very much. It was a little scary at first, because I couldn't see anything and I hate swimming in kelp normally. Our depth was about 45 feet.


So, for our certification course, we've had 3 dives of "hardly being able to see my hand in front of my face" conditions. I was starting to second guess diving. But then....

For our second dive of the day, we moved about 1/4 mile down the shoreline. Once we descended, we could actually see!! Our depth was about 60 feet on this dive and it was freezing (like 52 degrees), but this was our first dive of getting to actually see some things. It was really cool and I'm glad we finally had good visibiltiy.

No comments: