Life with the beasts is interesting. The beasts being Theresa’s three, seemingly harmless, cats; Disco, Reggae and the fat one. We’ve all been living together for good amount of time now and for the most part we get along fairly well. Cats are unique in that they do what ever they want when ever they want…even when they know they aren’t supposed to! My latest cat saga involves trying to convince them that the kitchen counters were designed for food, dinner, my car keys…pretty much anything except cats. I tried everything. When I would find one of them sneaking around on the counters I’d talk them down and then reward them with a treat once back on ground level. That did not work. Looking back, I think they figured out that going on the counter would lead to a tasty treat. Stupid Pavlov. I tried the spray bottle which I’m convinced one of them actually enjoys…so that was a no go as well. The only thing I found that would work was a loud clap followed by my crazy dance (hands shaking, a few twirls followed up with a high kick to finish it off). Effective 100% of the time…except for when I was asleep. The night time was the right time for the cats…redrum. Anyway, almost every morning since moving into the new condo, I’d find cat prints on the counter tops and could see the satisfaction gleaming in the little beasts’ eyes. It had become a game to them, a game of cat and Mike and I was loosing. That all changed with the help of amazon.com. That’s where I discovered the SSSCat! The SSSCat is amazing and I love her. She comes fully equipped with a motion detector mounted on a can of something awesome. At night, right before I go to bed, I engage the SSSCat who has done an amazing job of taking back the counters. Now, anytime one of the little fellas decides to be a hero and explore the counter tops, he’s met with series of deafening beeps followed by a poof of air. Safe and effective. The first night there were two separate beeps and poofs followed by, you guessed it, ssscating of cats. The next night, just one. I haven’t heard any since the second night which is both satisfying and disappointing. I’m glad to have cat-free counters but I really enjoyed the beep!, beep!, POOF…..ssssscaaattt! Good times.
2 comments:
That post is hilarious! Also most as funny as Bonner's bazaar blog.
Is there any way we can get some video of the crazy dance?
Post a Comment