We just got back from a weekend of vendor shopping in Kansas City. The agenda included finding a photographer, baker, and of course, THE dress. Saturday was a long day. We had a cake testing at Hyvee at 830am! Kerry was a very nice lady and the cake tasted very good. We are probably going with her for our cake. We met with 2 photographers. Mark was a nice guy and we loved his work. He seemed a little quiet though. The next appointment was with 2 photographers that work together. Maggie does the more traditional pictures and Jason does more candid (photojournalism) shots. I don't know, Maggie just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure she was asking normal questions, but I felt uncomfortable with some questions and they way she responded to my answers. One in particular was when I told her we wouldn't be seeing each other before the wedding. I guess some people take pictures before the ceremony and some photographers prefer this way. When I told her I didn't want to take the excitement away from Mike seeing me come down the aisle, she just rolled her eyes and said we'd come back to that later. Right then I decided I couldn't see myself enjoying her following me around all day. We decided to make some more appointments next time we go back to KC. We had another cake testing this morning with Julie. She was very nice and her cakes and ideas were very interesting. We just decided she was a little out of our budget.
I also went dress shopping with my mom and sister. I may have found the dress I will wear, but I think I still want to look around a little more to make sure.
So, what did we accomplish this weekend? Finding a baker!
Hopefully our next trip back in April will be more successful....
No comments:
Post a Comment