
I found this cake online before I really had a theme or idea of what I wanted to do for our wedding. This cake became the center around everything I've done so far. My Save The Dates and Invitaions are decorated with fall leaves. A lot of the decorations at the reception will also include fall leaves and pumpkins. Instead of rose petals on the aisle at the ceremony, there will be leaves. They will be real if they still look nice, but most likely they will be silk or fabric leaves. Instead of my flower girl dropping petals, she'll be dropping leaves.
My color scheme is based on these colors also. Rust (or cinnamon), gold, ivory, orange, and yellow.
My cake will actually include square cakes with 3 tiers, not round like this cake. I'm hoping our "cake designer" can get the leaves to look this real. I'm a little worried about that as she said she would order the leaf molds and airbrush the leaves. I'm hoping she'll show me a sample beforehand. We ordered each tier to be a different flavor: white, marble, and almond.
No comments:
Post a Comment