Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ahhh Wedding Dress Shopping

So, I don't have my dress picked out and our wedding is 8 months away! I know I still have plenty of time. I went to try on dresses today. After 4 dresses, I was all sweaty and tired. I've gone to try on dresses twice now. I have seen probably 2, maybe 3 dresses I like so far.
So, the dress I'm looking for is nothing like this one. I want one that's simple yet elegant. One that doesn't have a lot of lace and beads. And one that costs 3 figures, not 4!
I've heard horror stories about going to bridal shops. My financial advisor gave me this book called "Bridal Bargains" http://www.windsorpeak.com/bridalbargains. I never knew shopping for a wedding dress could be such a pain. You have to watch out for shops that cut the tags off their dresses so that you don't know who makes it. This way you don't go out and price shop or the shop can mark up the cheaper dresses. Some designers are always late on their orders or some shops go out of business and don't give brides their money back. You have to put 50% down when you order a dress.
We are going back to Kansas City this weekend for some fun wedding planning. I'm going to go shopping in KC on Sat with my mom and sister. Maybe I'll find my dress, maybe not. I think once I have my dress picked out, everything else will be a breeze. Wish me luck!!

No comments: